Priorities for the Future
Sustaining Commitment to Accelerating Latino Student Success
Our strategic direction is guided by three core action-oriented goals:
- Expanding knowledge on Latino student success while continuing to diversify our funding base by summarizing the most recent college completion of Latinos and institutional strategies linked to workforce preparation.
- Building a movement for accelerating Latino student success by working with partners and the broader public to help build a sense of urgency for making Latino student success a priority in federal, state, and institutional policy with an authentic Latino voice.
- Strengthening Excelencia’s capacity, visibility and authority to catalyze change and to grow the community of institutions ready to be recognized for serving Latino students.
Excelencia in Education is redoubling its efforts to ensure that:
- the issues surrounding Latinos’ current status and success in higher education are widely known and gain urgency;
- the solutions and tools for implementation are broadly understood; and,
- the network of results-oriented advocates ready to leverage change grows.